Are you ready for a new Westknits Workshop? Dive into the world of Westknits Mystery Shawls and enjoy a mystery history lesson of the first 13 designs. My Mystery Knit Alongs embrace surprises, learning new things, and knitting into the unknown. Every year thousands of knitters participate in a new MKAL and explore color, texture, and shaping to create a wearable work of art.
Many knitters modify the shawl with extra colors or textures, so this workshop will also provide you with lots of ideas on how to modify the details and sizes of shawls. I will share my design process for each pattern and talk about how to choose colors for the mesmerizing mystery shawls. You will also learn several knitting tips and tricks related to my previous 13 mystery shawls that you can apply to your knitting projects too! Grab your knitting and enjoy this marvelous display of Westknits Mystery Shawls with me!
Sign up by the end of the month to get the workshop for €40 (plus VAT for EU/UK). This workshop includes a free pattern coupon code for a Westknits pattern of your choice (free code applied to all my patterns except the new Geogradient MKAL pattern).
In this workshop, you will learn how to…
• Modify the Mystery Shawls with your own color ideas
• Work a simple intarsia cross
• Carry yarn along an I-cord edge
• Play with yarn overs
• Estimate yarn for I-cord bind offs
• Customize picot bind offs
• Create an I-cord extension
• Knit in the ends for marled knitting
• Work Westknits shortcut rows
• Experiment with yarn ends for fringe, tassels, & spirals
• Knit a striped I-cord bind off
• Slip stitches with long floats
• Work I-cord bobbles
• Explore cable embellishments